The Apex Summerhouse comes with premium full pane doors and windows. The double doors are professionally joined made with a mortice and tenon joint. Both doors and windows come pre glazed with toughened safety glass. The product is completely adaptable allowing you to position the doors and windows on any side as you build it. Full fixings and instructions are provided to offer a great product which is easy to install. All features are high in quality from superior grade tongue and groove timber throughout to galvanised ironmongery and polyester high performance felt.
- Timber - We source only the finest high grade timber available, suitable for a summerhouse. The timber is specially and responsibly imported from forest in Scandinavia in line with out sustainability policy. We select slow growth timber which means the timber is stronger and resistant to warping.
- Tongue and Groove throughout. -Made from 12mm thick shiplap tongue an groove timber. Even the floor and roof are 12mm tongue and groove to give extra strength and durability. Shiplap cladding has the additional feature of a small profile at the top of each board. This little channel allows water to run off the shed quicker than normal. This also helps the shed to dry quickly after exposure to rain helping to protect it from any water damage,
- Heavy Duty Framing - The summerhouse framing is 44x28mm and rounded at each corner to give a stunning finish, The panels are screwed together an so when joined it creates double strength 44x56mm thick framing.
- Additional Height. - The summerhouse really is something our competitors look up to with it being that extra bit taller, to give you ample head room inside.
- Toughened Glass - Power Summerhouses come with toughened safety glass as standard. The toughened process improves the structural durability and thermal strength of the glass, in turn increasing it's resilience and ability to withstand heat. Toughened glass is 500% more resistant to heat and shock that ordinary glass. The glass is already internally beaded so you don't have to fit the glass yourself and PVC sills complete the window units to stop water ingress and provide a stunning finish.
- Galvanised Ironmongery - The summerhouse comes with galvanised hinges, turn buttons and door pull so the shed lasts longer and minimizes oxidation. Galvanising is a coat with a protective layer of zinc in order to protect it from rust and other damage.
- Corner Bracing - Internal corner bracing has been added to every wall panel on your apex shed to maximize strength and rigidity.
Premium 'Super' Felt - The summerhouse is complete with a high performance waterproof felt special polyester backing ensuring it lasts longer and doesn't ripple or tear easily. The felt is saturated with a protective coating called bitumen (asphalt) which repels water but still allows the product to breathe.
- Advanced Preserver - Our special formula wood preserver has a wax additive allowing you to go on a whole year without the need to retreat your summerhouse. However, it is water based and has just the right amount of wax so that it if you want want to paint the summerhouse a different colour, you can.
- Roof Truss Support - A roof Truss will stop the roofs sagging even after years of use. Your Apex Summerhouse will come with a roof truss every 4ft. A truss is a structural frame where a timber designed to provide support for a roof.
Approximate two week lead time. All Sheds are designed to be easily self assembled.